March 25, 2009

Now don't get excited,
but I'm writing again today. I know, you can't help but be excited to hear from me again. I have that effect on people. :)

Today was a rather cold and blustery day in the booming metropolis of Provo, Utah. And I loved it. I love gloomy, chilly, rainy weather. It makes me happy. And today was also an Evanescence day. So, as I was walking home from class the song You came up on my iPod. There's a part where Amy Lee (the lead singer) sings about a man asking her to marry him. It was in a quiet moment, just the two of them, and it was really simple. And I felt that, for me, that would be the most amazing moment of my life. There are so many couples that, when they get engaged, the guy goes to all sorts of crazy lengths. I recently heard of one guy that dressed up as Romeo, tights and all, and hid under a box. Wow. That's wonderful for them, but for me something quiet and simple and beautiful would be what I'd prefer. Just him and me in a still, quiet moment. I really wouldn't need a show. I'm a simple country woman, straightforward to a fault, and all I would require was that he loved me enough to really want me.

Yikes, look at me getting all sentimental! I will desist immediately. :) Also on my walk home I decided to take out my camera and capture some moments of my soon-to-be-over BYU experience. I took some pictures of an almost-alley of trees that I love, the museum across the street that doesn't look like a museum, the way home, the mountains, my apartment building. I realized yesterday that I haven't really taken a picture in almost a year! How tragic is that? (I know you'll agree, Lizzy.) So, I've made the decision to take more pictures.

In accordance with that decision when I got home I proceeded to take pictures of myself. Now, I am not one to be very fond of the in-front-of-the-camera position. In fact, I usually work hard to avoid it. But I wanted to see if I could actually like any picture I took of myself. And I did! It was rather surprising, because I usually think I'm not very photogenic. But with these pictures that I took (my new profile pic being on of them) I noticed some things:

1) I have really long eyelashes! I knew they were long, but wow they're long!
2) My eyes are pretty striking. I don't say that in a prideful way (at least I don't mean to) but I just didn't realize the color was so pretty and the shape so pleasing and that they're so big!
3) Tall people must think I'm quite lovely. Looking up is definitely my best angle.
4) I guess I'm not so un-photogenic after all!

Another thing that has been going on of late is that I've been acting kind of crazy. Shelle has been telling me quite frequently that I'm weird and it's only getting worse. At first I thought that it was the meds. Well, at first it really was the meds. But since I got that figured out the effects have calmed down quite a bit. So, it's not the meds now. And I think I've figured out what it might be... I think I'm happy.

Yep, I think I'm happy and that's making me act weird. The reason being that I have not really and truly felt happy for several years now. Not that I've been in some deep, dark depression or anything. I've had some wonderful experiences and such, but I haven't had an over-all, pervading feeling of happiness and contentment in a long while. So I'm acting out. Go me!!

I'm not exactly sure what has brought on the change. It's probably been building up over the past while and I'm only now noticing it. Whatever it is, I hope that I keep it up because I like it. And maybe as I get back into the habit of feeling happy I'll settle down a bit. No promises, though. :)

4 comments:

FiveFrys said...

You would probably be happier if you didn't LOVE gloomy, chilly, rainy weather, that makes any person depressed, except a vampire...oh my...are you? J/K You are just getting happy because you know Idaho and all your CRAZY relatives who LOVE you to pieces are in the near future!!!

P.S. I think you are the only one in the world who didn't know how amazingly gorgeous your eyes are!

FiveFrys said...

P.S.S. I am so PROUD of you for writing again so soon. I couldn't help but get EXCITED!! Hee Hee Hee XOXOXOXOXO (giggles of fun and excitement followed by hugs and kisses!)

Elizabeth said...

This post just further shows how we are two peas in a pod! I also love cool, gloomy days (can you tell I am a Washingtonian? haha) and I totally agree on the subtle, meaningful engagement over making a big production. Some of the crazy things that people do are too much!

I find it very sad that you have not taken a photo in so long...I used to not take very many photos til I discovered that my life is worth documenting, that I am of worth. I am glad you are documenting your byu experience. I take pics at Edinboro and I'm sure people think I'm weird. I am glad that you are happier, hope it continues to grow. I totally understand, I'm not always a bright shiny happy person myself. Life is hard when you're a RM and trying to figure stuff out.

Scrapbooking helped me realize that my life is worthwhile- I thought my photos/life didn't matter and I waited until I had "substantial" photos to learn how to scrap- my trip to Disneyland. Soon afterwards I realized that my whole life is worth documenting. I'm really glad I learned that. Hopefully blogging will help you learn that too.

And yes you are photogenic and cute! I really wish we lived closer to one another...then we could help each other with the same issues!

Tiffany said...

Aww... finally being/feeling true happy (yes happy).. I remember the day that happened to me! Suddenly I was alive! (You were there..and thank you for that... what amazing days :) )I am so pleased to hear that you are having that "something brilliantly glittery and vivacious is inside of me and it's pouring out my eyes and finger tips and I can feel it in my soul bursting to be more free!!" feeling. :) or maybe that was just those nummy things you used to cook when we lived together. ::shrugs:: either way, i love you!!